One Piece of Clothing = 3 Surprising Outfit Choices

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Today we’re going to learn how to take one article of clothing and put it to multiple uses. For those of you who can’t afford to go shopping anytime soon or just need a new way to rock your favorite pants or shirt, take notice!

For my example we will be using a solid blue chambray shirt and making an outfit that you can wear to class, to an interview and a night out with the girls.

First we paired the shirt with green jeggings, combat boots (that are essential to a girl’s wardrobe right now), a cute cheetah print headband and a brown messenger bag big enough to fit notebooks.

To make the look more professional we dropped the jeggings, boots and headband and added black pants, wedges and a blazer and still kept the bag (we just took off the straps).

Finally, we created a cute party outfit by tying the shirt (to show a little belly) with a solid black bodycon skirt, wedges and a statement necklace and bracelet. So try using this example to spruce up your favorite clothing item by matching it with different articles of clothing and before you know it you’ll have new outfits for the summer!