This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

As a former Justin Bieber addict, I can tell you that I have never seen Bieber like this before. Yes I may have stopped my obsession with him once entering high school, realizing how crazy I was for changing my Instagram  username to @sarah_luvsjb and plastering 30 posters all over my wall. But let me tell you, I am back and better than ever with my Justin Bieber addiction. It all started again once he released his Youtube documentary Seasons and right after releasing his new album Changes, which brought my heart back to where it belongs. 

What has Bieber been up to lately? He began to struggle with mental health problems, which is a big reason why he started the documentary. He states that he struggled with his energy levels when performing and faced an immense amount of anxiety the past few years, causing him to cancel his Purpose tour and break millions of teenage girls’ hearts. Bieber has been working on self growth and focusing on his marriage with Hailey Bieber — formerly Hailey Baldwin. He also started recording new songs and heading back to the stage after seeking help for his mental health issues. 

A post shared by Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) on

Photo courtesy of @justinbieber on Instagram Seasons Documentary:  The documentary Seasons is shown in 8-20-minute episodes that leave you wanting more and more. I’ve been watching it every Monday and Wednesday when a new episode comes out. It touches on the making of his new album, his marriage with Hailey, and his mental health struggles. It is truly a great way to catch up on what Bieber has been going through. I am a true fan of this because it leaves you feeling very intrigued about his life, but it doesn’t drag on for too long. It’s raw footage of his life behind the lights and drama that he and other celebrities face. 

Photo courtesy of @justinbieber on Instagram

Changes album: The new album was released on Feb. 14, 2020, and has been climbing to the top of the charts ever since. With songs like “Intentions” and “Habitual,” it’s addicting listening to his new album and heart warming knowing that most of his songs are about Hailey. The songs have super unique beats and catchy lyrics such as the song “Yummy.” I’m super excited to see what Bieber brings to the table in the future. 

Now Bieber is back in the game and is  ready to begin this new stage in his life with having a family and going on another world tour. He’s appeared on many talk shows such as The Ellen DeGeneres Show and The Late Late Show with James Corden where he played the Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts segment, which left me laughing at my computer screen. I hope for the best for Bieber’s exciting future and hope that he continues to grow and value all of his fans that have been with him throughout his journey.

Sarah Epstein

Maryland '23

Sarah Epstein is a freshman and soon to be Psychology major and Business minor at the University of Maryland College Park and is very excited to be writing for Her Campus.
Audrey graduated from the University of Maryland College Park with a major in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Information Sciences. She was born and raised in Jakarta, Indonesia. She loves to travel around the world and always has her camera ready to capture everything so follow her on Instagram @audreynwid. Her life motto is 'Don't be afraid to defy the auds, pun intended.' Her furry partner in crime is a Shiba Inu named Hibiki who is quite the model and loves to go hiking. Check him out on Instagram @hibibblekiki