This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Halloween is only days away and the window of time to buy an entire costume is rapidly closing. Luckily, I have compiled a list of costumes that can be created with things you likely already have in your closet! If there are any items I feel you may need an Amazon link is attached.

Solo Costumes

1. Fairy/Butterfly

The only item you need for this costume is some wings! Any colored dress or skirt will match perfectly and an optional add-on is a flower garland or some body glitter. 

1. Animal Print

Grab those cheetah print pants, cow print top or zebra print dress and pair it with a black top or bottoms! If you feel like your costume is not convincing enough, buy a pair of animal print ears that match the animal you are dressing as. 

1. Barbie or Bratz Doll

Pull out a pink or purple skirt, pair it with a white shirt and print out the Barbie or Bratz logo to put on the shirt. The sky is the limit for accessories like hair clips, headbands, sunglasses and chunky jewelry.

1. Little Red Riding Hood

This costume starts with some basics like a black top and skirt or a black dress and some black or white high socks. Add a red cape on top and you are done! As a bonus, getting creative with fake blood or makeup can elevate this costume from cute to creepy.

1. Cupid

Any combination of white and red clothing will do to dress up as cupid. Then accessorize with a bow and arrow and any heart themed items you might have.

Duo Costumes

1. Angel and Devil

To pull off this costume, one person should wear all white while the other wears all red. Add some angel wings and a halo or some devil horns and you are good to go!

1. Daphne and Velma

In order to dress as this iconic pair, Daphne needs a purple dress, a light green scarf and a purple headband. Velma wears an orange top, a red skirt, orange socks and glasses. 

1. Thing 1 and Thing 2

This is the perfect costume for besties who do everything together! Both people should wear an all red outfit and attach Thing 1 Thing 2 logos to their chests. Then get any blue accessory to represent the hair whether it is a headband, scarf, sunglasses or even a feather boa. 

1. Fire and Ice

One person dresses in a red and orange outfit and the other in blue and white. These skirts and glasses are really cute additions to the costume as well!

1. Tinkerbell and Wendy

Dressing as Tinkerbell is the same as the fairy costume from before, just specifically a green dress and wings. To dress as Wendy Darling grab a light blue dress and tie a dark blue ribbon around your waist. 

Group Costumes

1. Disney Princesses

There are so many Disney princesses, so this costume is great for a large group of friends. For example, Snow White would wear a dark blue top, a yellow skirt, and a red headband. To tie each look together add a crown

1. Love Island

No matter if you prefer Love Island USA or Love Island UK, this costume is super easy to put together. Wear a dress from your closet and accessorize with fake microphones and water bottles

1. Taylor Swift’s Albums

As of October 21, Taylor Swift has written ten original albums, each with their own unique vibes and styles. Dress as Taylor on the cover art of your favorite album! For example, the Lover album would be a blue outfit and the sparkly pink heart on your face. 

1. Superheroes (and/or Villains)

From Marvel to DC Comics there are a plethora of superheroes to dress as. If that is not your style, dress as one of the classic villains! Wear the colors that the hero or villain wears and attach the respective logo to your top to complete the look. 

1. Cheetah Girls

Channel your inner Y2K by wearing a 2-piece tracksuit in any color! For extra spice, add a cheetah print accessory like a headband or scarf. 

Happy Halloween!

Lindsay is a sophomore Special Education major at the University of Maryland. She loves spending time with friends and family, watching reality tv, baking, and shopping. Follow Lindsay on Instagram (@lindsaymarchant_)!