Kyle Anderson ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

Kyle Anderson

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Millstone, New Jersey

Major: Business Undecided – Probably going to major in Finance

Relationship Status: Single

Involvement on Campus?

Greek Life. I’m in the Sigma Chi Fraternity.

What is the most annoying stereotype you receive for being a part of Greek life?

People have told me they think Greek life is stupid because they don’t want to “buy their friends.” They’re fools.

What do you look for in girls?

A great smile is always something I first notice. Overall, I like an outgoing personality. I just like being around people who have a positive mentality.

What’s your best pick up line?

Wanna expand my polynomial girl? (I just Googled that)

What’s your guilty pleasure?

Watching people fall off their bikes or skateboards on campus. I mean, I kind of feel bad for them, but deep down I always have to fight off my grin when I see them eat it. I’m waiting for the day that a biker runs into me while I’m walking

Biggest pet peeve?

When guys leave the toilet seat up. Ughhhhhhh

Have you ever had your heart broken?

Nope.

What are you most excited for during Derby Days?

Watching girls get really competitive with each other while I walk around with my coaching visor and whistle yelling pointlessly.

What team are you coaching?

The lovely reigning champs, Sigma Kappa.

Why did you choose to get involved in Derby Days?

I wanted to help make our main philanthropy event a huge success this year, as it has been in the past. I heard Derby Days has been a lot of fun in recent years so I’m real excited.

What charity do the proceeds from Derby Days go to?

The Children’s Miracle Network. It is a non-profit organization that raises funds for children’s hospitals, medical research, and community awareness of children’s health issues.

What is one reason you would give people to come watch Derby Days?

There is supposed to be a puppy race one of the days and lesbi honest, who doesn’t love puppies?

Jaclyn is so excited to be a campus correspondent with Her Campus! She is a sophomore at the University of Maryland, double majoring in Journalism and American Studies. Jaclyn hopes to work as an editor at a magazine in the future. She loves following fashion, attending concerts, traveling, and photographing the world around her.