Her Campus Maryland Sponsor Spotlight- Red Hue Boutique

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

What better way to spend a few hours than eat free food and win gift cards to local boutiques?  This past Tuesday, Her Campus invited the women of the University of Maryland to celebrate with them the launch of the UMD branch.  After a successful first semester, Editor-in-Chief Liz Roberts and Marketing Director Jocelyn Rubin were very excited to invite everyone to an evening of fashion and gossip at the Cornerstone loft. 

Almost 100 girls gathered to sip on signature Her Campus cocktails of pink lemonade and vodka and nibble on pizza, pasta salad, and a variety of desserts: rocky road cake, cinnamon and chocolate doughnuts and M&M sugar cookies.  The room was covered in pink balloons, and almost everyone was talking about the trendy outfits that were sported to the event that night.

Red Hue Boutique, along with the other two sponsors of the event, generously donated gift cards that were auctioned off towards the end of the evening. The four girls who won the gift cards were ecstatic when they heard their names called! Can you blame them? They had their eyes on some of the items that were featured in a mini display of what the boutique carries in their store.  The items included large brown buckle belts, trendy necklaces, and some very chic shirts and dresses. Below is Editor-in-Chief Liz Roberts holding a Red Hue bag by their table.

Junior Stephanie Meinhardt passed by the table, and the necklaces that were on display immediately caught her attention.  She commented to me, “Personally, I like one-of-a-kind pieces in jewelry, and all of these are very unique.”

Meinhardt later told me how she loved that various styles were clearly represented on the table, anything from classy and preppy to cool chic which is perfect for the average girl on the UMD campus.  Others at the party were very big fans of the brown leather two-buckle belt, and some very cute black beaded tassel sandals. Below is Amanda Ziadeh, Red Hue Boutique gift certificate winner!

Red Hue Boutique, which is located in the Rockville Town Square, features many contemporary pieces with some very retro and vintage inspired items as well.  There is a great selection of dresses, tops, casual clothing and shoes; a great place to go if you are looking for something for a sorority formal or even a graduation.

Owner Silvia Huezo shared with me some of her thoughts on this fall’s trends, “ Royal blue is definitely the color to pick up.  As always, riding boots are a staple for the fall season and capes are a hot trend.”  She also mentioned that fur vests and lined coats are very popular this year. Sylvia explained that it is important to remember as a college student your appearance is very important, and you should always be conscious of how you present yourself.

So next time you are in Rockville, stop by Red Hue boutique which is now located on 36 Maryland Avenue in Rockville MD.  You can also visit their website at redhueboutique.com to catch a glimpse at the latest trends and follow Red Hue Boutique on Facebook and Twitter @redhueboutique.