Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television

Five Shows to Ring in the Fall Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Maryland chapter.

It’s time to crash onto those couches and get cozy because autumn has finally arrived. 

Fall is a long anticipated season for everyone who loves sweaters, Starbucks’ fall lineup and the aesthetic fall day in my life videos that reappear on everyone’s TikTok for you page. It’s the perfect time to get snuggle on the couch and watch T.V. Here is a list of shows for you to watch to embrace this breezy time of year!

gilmore girls

First airing in the 2000s, “Gilmore Girls” is coined as a classic fall show. Follow along with the lives of a close-knit mother and daughter duo, Rory and Lorelai, as they take on the world together. Despite all the drama in Stars Hollow, they learn more about themselves through each other one cup of coffee at a time.   

Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham in gilmore girls
Saeed Adyani/Netflix

Streaming on Netflix (Seven Seasons as of 2023)

chilling adventures of sabrina the teenage witch

Gone are the days of “Sabrina the Teenage Witch,” a ‘90s sitcom that ruled ABC’s T.G.I.F lineup, and in are the days of the Netflix series “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.” The show is a mystery with a thrilling cast including Kiernan Shipka and Ross Lynch. As Sabrina finally celebrates her Sweet 16, she is forced to combine her half mortal and half witch self to battle the forces of evil threatening her world all while navigating the darkest place of all: high school.

Streaming on Netflix (Four Seasons as of 2023)

only murders in the building

When three random strangers discover their common interest in true crime podcasts, they never think they’ll end up being a part of one themselves. After a death in their high class apartment building, the characters band together and discover clues to figure out who the murderer is. While they all have secrets of their own, they soon realize the killer is a lot closer than they think. Follow along with the cast of Martin Short, Steve Martin and Selena Gomez in this fast paced murder mystery comedy!

selena gomez martin short and steve martin in Only Murders in the building season 3
Hulu

Streaming on Hulu (Three Seasons as of 2023)

it’s the great big pumpkin, charlie brown

It wouldn’t be fall without a little bit of nostalgia. Reunite with Charlie Brown and the gang in this short film as they make their way to Violet’s Halloween party. Well, the whole gang minus Linus. Instead, he passionately waits at the local pumpkin patch for a Great Pumpkin to emerge and deliver gifts around the world. Sally is faced with the decision of going to the party or joining Linus, the one she loves most. Where is Snoopy in all of this chaos? You’ll have to watch to find out.  

Streaming on Apple TV

daisy jones and the six

Based on the New York Times bestseller, “Daisy Jones and the Six, the show adaptation recounts the journey of a legendary 1970’s rock band. After performing a sold out show in Chicago, the band calls it quits the next day, leaving the world stunned. Twenty years later, the group takes part in a documentary about the band, revealing the good, the bad and the ugly. Join as they share how they were on top of the world one day, to not being able to stand each other the next. 

Riley Keough and Sam Claflin in Daisy Jones and the Six
Lacey Terrell / Prime Video

Streaming on Prime Video (One Season as of 2023)

Hello! My name is Nia Smith and I am from Baltimore County, Maryland. I am currently attending University of Maryland as a Journalism major with an expected graduation year of 2027. I hope to pursue broadcast journalism or sports journalism in the future. I love dancing, reading, and scrapbooking. I am looking forward to being apart of Her Campus!