Campus Celebrity: Luke Cooley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marshall chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity knows exactly what a full schedule means.  Luke Cooley is the man on campus who seems to do just about everything and keeps his cool while doing so. Luke has big plans for himself and Marshall Univeristy as he runs for Marshall’s new Student Body VP!

Name: Luke Cooley

Year: Sophomore 

Major: International Business  

Hometown: Huntington, WV

HC: What are you invovled in here at Marshall?

Luke: Alpha Tau Omega, Student Government Association, Society of Black Scholars, Uni Mentor, and National Society of Collegiate Scholars.

HC: You’re super busy! How do you keep from becoming overwhelmed with all these different responsibilities?

Luke: Well it’s all about organization. It’s difficult to track the schedules of each organization, so I make sure I’m always organized. But beyond that, I make sure I’m prioritized. I strongly believe that people have time for just about anything, it comes down to how you wish to spend your time. 

HC: What interested you in a fraternity or ATO more specifically?

Luke: Upon my arrival at Marshall I didn’t think I was the “fraternity” type, but once I met the brothers of ATO it shattered my many misconceptions. I realized it’s about benefitting the University and community while growing as a student. The guys are responsible and I felt as though we were very compatible. 

HC: You mentioned growing as a student comes with being in a fraternity, how have you grown since starting at Marshall?

Luke:  I’ve watched myself grow as I have taken on different positions in each organization I’m a part of.  The people I spend my time with allow for that growth, so I think it’s very important to choose your friends wisely. 

HC: You seem to have it all together, any big plans for the near future?

Luke: I actually have plans to run for the Student Body VP alongside my friend David Oye. I have a lot of attainable goals for the University and I feel as though, through SGA, I can play a small role in improving the student experience at Marshall.

HC: Okay, enough with the serious questions, if you could be any animal what would you be and why?

Luke: I would most likely be a tiger.  Everyone loves a baby tiger and when full grown, you’re no one to mess with.

HC: If you could leave right now and travel anywhere, where would you go?

Luke: If I could leave right now, I would go to Bondi Beach in Australia and begin surf lessons.

HC: Fave Ben & Jerry’s flavor?

Luke: My favorite by far is Half Baked.