Gradients?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Gradients?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Universal / Wikipedia

Ranked: “All Too Well”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

I would like to start this article by thanking Jake Gyllenhaal for breaking Taylor Swift’s heart so that we could all have All Too Well, and now a 10 minute version of it.  

Here is my ranking of all the versions of All Too Well: 

5. All Too Well (original version) 

It’s the version that made us all fall in love with the song, and f*** Scooter Braun for taking that away from us. 

4. All Too Well (Taylor’s Version) 

It’s just like the original, but better since TAYLOR OWNS IT!! It’s just as emotional as it was 10 years ago. 

3. All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault) 

OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I cannot believe Taylor held on to this version for ten years before sharing this with us. The new verses enhance the narrative of Red so perfectly. Even though it came out this past month it feels as though I’ve known it forever. 

2. All Too Well (SNL Performance) 

Taylor is such a great live performer. You can hear all the hope and hurt in her voice. Combined with her expressions, body language, and her short film playing in the background, the SNL performance added even more vulnerability to the song that I didn’t think was possible.  

1. All Too Well (Sad Girl Autumn Version)- Recorded at Long Pond Studios 

I’m obsessed with all of Taylor’s Long Pond Studios covers. This version is definitely THE version to listen to if you want to cry. Her diction is different, the pacing is a bit slower, and it is soaked with nostalgia. The ten minute version was more angry than sad, but this one goes back to the sadness of the original version.  

Quinn Jaeger

Marquette '25

current freshman at marquette majoring in Public Relations. obsessed with fashion, crystals, tarot, taylor swift and harry styles (like duh who isn't??)