This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Dear BFFs,

As we are all starting to adjust to our new lives in new cities, meeting new people, finding new interests, I wanted to take a second to say I love you, I miss you, and I sincerely wish you the best of luck in the future, whether I’m there or not. I know we still talk every single day, but I don’t how long that’s going to last, so before it may be too late, I have some things to tell you.

Four good years. No—four amazing years. High school showed us the good, the bad, and the ugly, but we went through it together and everything made us closer, stronger. It’s true, we can’t really pinpoint when we all became a group, the six of us, but that’s the cool thing about it—it was just so natural, meant to be.

Getting to know all of you throughout the years in so many different ways and on so many different levels was literally a blast. We have so, SO many inside jokes, code names (don’t ask), we’ve been on so many adventures together, and I wouldn’t change anything for the world.

We lived and we learned. We laughed and we cried. We fought and we had the time of our lives. We made our high school ours and we owned it. There are so many things that I could put in this letter but I won’t because no one would understand—some things only we get, and that’s the way we like it.

So, I just wanted to thank you for such a great time. Like Rachel Berry from Glee says (you guys know that’s, like, one of my fave shows), “Being a part of something special makes you special,” and that’s what it felt like to be with all of you.

I wish we could tackle college together, but this one we have to do on our own. I believe there is a reason that God brought us together because high school definitely would not have been the same without you guys. I want you to know that no matter what I’m always here for you, and I’ll always remember each and every one of you. I will love you forever and always.

Love,

Isabelle

XOXO

Marquette University Class of 2021 Biomedical Science
Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy