An Open Letter to My Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

As women, solidarity with your closest girlfriends is not only important, but necessary especially today. Great friends are hard to come by, so when you find one keep her close. Surround yourself with women who empower you, who push you toward your dreams, and who give you confidence to conquer the world.

Dearest friend,

You know exactly who you are. In light of Thanksgiving just passing and Christmas right around the corner, I’ve been thinking of all that I have to be thankful for in my life. You’re at the top of that list.
Very rarely in life do you meet someone who empowers you, who supports you wholeheartedly, who you share all of your fondest memories with, and who you never get sick of being around. That person is you.
I just want to say thank you. Thank you for being someone I can continuously turn to, someone who is always there to help without judgment, and someone who I know is as excited for the future as I am.
Thank you for filling my life with joy, for making my ribs hurt from laughing so much, and for being in my corner when it feels like the world is against me.
At this point, friendship is an understatement for what we have. You’re my soul sister, now and always.
When everything sucks, I’ll be there. When everything is great, I’ll be there.
Your friendship is more valuable than you could ever possibly know, and I want you never to forget that.

Truly,
Your always appreciative soul sister

Marquette Senior. Future Lawyer. Environmental and Animal Rights Activist. Ace Ventura expert. 
Prefer to consume my calories in liquid form. Living in the land of beer and cheese. Dreamer. Explorer. Wanderer.