Marquette Main Stage Must See!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Leaves are falling, the air is chilly, and everyone is getting out the fall scarves. Looking for a fun fall activity for when it’s just a little too chilly out? Stop by the Helfaer Theater September 27th through October 7th and watch our fabulous Marquette theater program put on “The Foreigner.” The Foreigner is a satirical comedy by Larry Shue set in rural Georgia. A demolition expert Froggy, is surveying a sight in the south with his friend Charlie and they stay in the local lodge. Charlie is an Englishman with crippling social anxiety who finds it impossible to talk to strangers. Because of this, Froggy introduces Charlie to everyone at the lodge as a visiting friend from another country who can’t speak English. As everyone thinks Charlie to be uncomprehending, the members of the town feel free to discuss their deepest secrets in front of him. As Charlie becomes the unwilling secret keeper hilarity insues as he struggles to keep up his ruse of being foreign.

Lola Stanten, a sophomore from Portland Oregon is one of the leads. She plays Ms. Catherine Simms a beautiful but naïve southern belle who finds herself pregnant out of wedlock by the preacher. Lola is majoring in Theater and Political Science. “I love the theater department here at Marquette. The people are fantastic and so supportive.” 

The play runs September 7th through October 7th Wednesday through Sunday at 7:30pm. Check the box office for discount tickets for Marquette students. 

coming soon!