Hunger Clean-Up At Marquette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Hunger Clean-Up

In 1989, Hunger Clean-Up began as a modest effort by Marquette University Students to combat hunger and homelessness in Milwaukee. 26 years later, we remain dedicated to this long-standing tradition. We also work diligently to revitalize and emphasize the deeper purpose for these endeavors, collaborating with each other to bring the Milwaukee and Marquette communities together and to understand, educate others about, and alleviate the issues of hunger, homelessness, and poverty. We decided this year to focus our efforts on social justice education.

Hunger Clean-Up puts on one of Milwaukee’s largest day of community service. On April 22nd, we plan to send out over 16,000 Marquette students and alumni to over 50 service sites in the greater Milwaukee area. Our goal is to address injustices in our Milwaukee community through direct service and philanthropy. Each year we create an opportunity to raise awareness and educate our community about the challenges we face together in our city.

Create a team with your friends, student organization or classmates. Or, join the “Individuals” team to meet new people in service! To be a part of this great service event please register by Sunday April 2nd at 11:59. http://www.marquette.edu/hcu/. The top 3 fundraising teams will be awarded prizes!

If you can’t make the event, there are several other ways to get involved in the fundraiser. Buy your Hunger Clean-Up T-shirt for just $10! T-shirts sales have already begun. They are on sale in the Center for Leadership and Involvement (AMU 137) every day or at tables in the AMU. We will also be hosting a Qdoba Fundraiser on April 20th 5-9. Bring your flyer to help support Hunger Clean-Up. The top fundraising team for this event will be given an awesome prize!

Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy