This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

The Final Push

10 Inspiring Quotes by Successful Women to Get You Through Finals Week

As the school year winds down and everyone’s in a tizzy trying to get their grades up and lives together before finals, we could all use some encouragement. It’s been quite a year of ups and downs, and for that sake I wanted to take this time to share some quotes by some fiery women to encourage you to keep going, even if you really don’t want to.

1. “Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.” – Beyoncé Knowles Carter

2. “The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.” – Barbara Corcoran

3. “You can’t give up! If you give up, you’re like everybody else.” – Chris Evert

4. “Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” – Simone de Beauvoir

5. “You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” – Tina Fey

6. “When I’m tired, I rest. I say, ‘I can’t be a superwoman today.’” – Jada Pinkett Smith

7. “Instead of looking at the past, I put myself ahead twenty years and try to look at what I need to do now in order to get there then.” –Diana Ross

8. “In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man; if you want anything done, ask a woman.” -Margaret Thatcher

9. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” -Sally Berger

10. “Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be, how much you can love, what you can accomplish, and what your potential is.” – Anne Frank

As you charge into finals week, keep your ambitions high and study hard, but don’t forget to take some time for yourself. You’ll do amazing things, these grades don’t determine any of your future successes. Good luck everyone!

Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy