Be Open to Whatever Happens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marquette chapter.

Whether you are in the middle of a sophomore slump, or graduation is fast approaching, we all have moments where we look into our future and see a deep, empty abyss. It can seem like everyone around you has plans and goals, and you are just floating along. Here are some power quotes and calming photos to get you through those times.

“Be happy with what you have while working for what you want.” –Helen Keller

“There comes a day when you realize turning the page is the best feeling in the world, because you realize there is so much more to the book than the page you were stuck on.” –Zayn Malik

“The best advice I’ve ever received is, ‘No one else knows what they’re doing either.’” –Ricky Gervais

“I’m not interested in competing with anyone. I hope we all make it.” –Erica Cook

“It makes my happy to know that none of us gets a how-to guide. We’re all just kind of winging it.” –Anonymous

“For what its worth…its never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.” –F. Scott Fitzgerald

“Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen to you instead of making them happen.” –Blair Waldorf

“Be open to whatever comes next.” –John Cage

Aisling Hegarty

Marquette '18

Don't waste a minute not being happy
Prefer to consume my calories in liquid form. Living in the land of beer and cheese. Dreamer. Explorer. Wanderer.