This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

By: Olivia Mangan

It’s getting to be that time of the year that everyone dreads…finals. Have no fear; some study tips are here to help you get through the last week of the semester!

1. Plan out when you are going to study for each exam

Try not to cram your studying by looking over all the material the night before. Instead, study the material over the course of a few days, that way you are not overwhelmed and stressed the night before.

2. Find a good place to study

Not everyone studies best in the same environment, so study in a place where you think you will be the most productive.

3. Reach out for help

There are many great resources on campus to go to if you are struggling with the course material. Some of these resources include the Writing Center, tutors, and professors. Don’t be afraid to ask for help!

4. Study with others

Sometimes it is helpful to study with a partner or in a group, so that you can quiz each other or learn new ideas from one another. There are study rooms in the library, where you can reserve a room and work in there with a few people. 

5. Get plenty of sleep

It is very important to be well rested, especially the night before an exam. Try studying earlier in the day so that you get enough sleep at night.

Good luck on your exams and have a Happy Holiday!

Sarah Dorothy Lynch is a junior at Marist College studying Journalism and Public Relations with a passion for writing, travel, and bread (all varieties). If she ever met Emma Stone, she would likely keel over.