Now that the weather is getting a bit warmer and spring is right around the corner, days are starting to look brighter! I encourage you all to take advantage of the warmer days and get outside! Here are some ideas of things to do to soak up some sun at and around Marist:
- If you or a friend has a car, drive down route 9 to Ready Coffee! They have the best coffee in all of Poughkeepsie, I promise. I am always a sucker for a hot coffee, but Ready Coffee also offers iced and frosted coffees—the perfect refresher for a hot day.
- Walk down to the river! Some of my friends and I got ourselves some lunch and ate it down there…I highly recommend. You can bring a beach towel and a speaker, or a relaxing book with you!
- Bring a frisbee to the Marist green and play with friends there!
- Go for a walk or a run over the Walkway Over the Hudson. The views are beautiful from up there!
- Grab some food from a local cafe or restaurant and have a picnic outside. Some of my favorite places for takeout are Lola’s Cafe, Lolita’s Pizza, Rossi Deli, and Palace Diner
- Start off the day by rolling up your shades, opening your window, and letting some fresh air and sunshine into your room :)
Get outside and enjoy the warm weather!