The Minions are the Cutest Thing of the Season? Think Again; Meet Kevin Dingelstedt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Name: Kevin Dingelstedt

Major/Minor: Media Studies with a Concentration in Film and TV, Theater minor

Hometown: Cranford, New Jersey Year: Junior

HC: Why did you choose Marist?

Kevin: I actually didn’t even want to come to Marist because my older brother goes here. However, after I visited campus for the first time, I knew this is where I had to be!

HC: What are you involved in on campus, and what roles to you have?

Kevin: I am the President of the Marist College Greek Council and Risk Manager of my Fraternity, Theta Delta Chi. I also am a campus Tour Guide and work in the Admissions Office. This semester, I just finished directing my first theatre production, “All in the Timing” for the Family Weekend Dinner Theater Show.

HC: You’re so involved! What do you love about all the things you take part in?

Kevin: I love being involved on campus. Although my days are hectic, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

HC: How do you like going to school with your brother?

Kevin: It’s actually extremely helpful. We definitely both look after each other. We tell each other which classes to take or when someone is giving free out free food on campus.

HC: What’s your favorite part about working for the Marist Admissions Office?

Kevin: I remember how difficult the college search process was for me, so being able to help prospective students in their own process is an amazing thing. Also getting to work with the wonderful Anna Carbone is nothing short of amazing.

HC: I’m blushing! What’s your favorite spot on the Marist Campus?

Kevin: Wholly Habanero…

HC: I hear you plan to study abroad! Where are you going, and what are you most looking forward to about the semester?

Kevin: Next semester, I will be studying abroad in Florence! I am most looking forward to the food. And maybe the overall experience, but mainly the food.

HC: How do you prefer to spend your free time?

Kevin: Watching Netflix and chilling

HC: Okay, we have to ask. What’s your guilty pleasure?

Kevin: Binge shopping on Amazon

HC: Do you have any embarrassing freshman year memories?

Kevin: My freshmen year I was looking at my phone trying to figure out where my next class was, and I tripped down the entire staircase in the library. I lost a Pumpkin Spice Latte in the process. Not one of my finer moments.

HC: What’s your dream job?

Kevin: Working on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.

HC: Do you have any pets?

Kevin: He’s not technically mine, but our house has a dog named Bently. And he is amazing.

HC: Describe yourself in 3 words:

Kevin: Funny. Creative. Tall

HC: Now ask your roommate to describe you in 3 words:

Kevin: Tall, Silly, Sarcastic

HC: Do you have a favorite food?

Kevin: Chicken Parm!

HC: Do you have any hidden talents or passions?

Kevin: My dad used to be a chef so he actually taught me how to cook!

Anna is a senior at Marist College where she majors in Public Relations and minors in Theatre. On campus, Anna is a tour guide and student Ambassador . She performs with the Marist College Dance Ensemble, Marist College Club of Theatre Arts, and Ulster Ballet Company. In-between sips of coffee and spoonfuls of Nutella you can usually find her scrolling through her iPod (which is loaded with country music, Italian rap, and musical theatre show tunes), watching How I Met Your Mother or The Office, laughing at her own jokes (which are known to always be punny, but never be funny), volunteering, or making plans to travel the world. Avid writer, reader, lister, and communicator.