Marist’s Spring Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

After this weekend, it is clear that Marist brings in spring with a BANG – literally with fireworks! Who wouldn’t want to spend time hanging outside with your friends on a beautiful weekend? Marist sponsors lots of events for students of all ages so we could do just that.

The weekend kicked off with Fox Fest and River Fest. For the underclassmen, Fox Fest, as always, provided lots of good food, fun, and craziness (the mechanical bull, specifically).

“Fox Fest was a blast,” said freshman Shannon Rafferty. “I really enjoyed the food and getting the chance to hang out on the green with my friends.”

Every year, the biggest hit of Fox Fest is the free Rita’s.

“Definitely the highlight of the day,” said Shannon.

If you are over 21, you had the opportunity to attend River Fest. This barbeque down by the river was filled with juniors, seniors, and faculty. Along with drinks and a great atmosphere, delicious food was provided. A DJ rocked out all night long and the night ended with fireworks that could be seen from all over campus. What a day!

The weekend came to a close with this year’s spring concert, Big Sean. The concert took place down by the Hudson on Sunday afternoon. Big Sean played his set for about an hour and everyone was loving it. What makes the spring concert so great is that it is outside.

“Outdoor concerts are my favorite,” said sophomore Lauren Bellante. “Marist always does a great job picking the performers.”

This past weekend proved that it is great to be a Marist student – especially in the spring! Although going back to schoolwork on Monday was difficult after a weekend of fun, the events of the past weekend were a wonderful way to bring an end to another great year at Marist. Now that we’ve all got that “spring fever,” let’s make the most of the nice spring days ahead on this beautiful campus!

Photo credit: Paige Moran

My name is Alexandra Mormile and I'm a junior Political Science major and Music minor at Marist. After graduation, I plan to attend law school close to home. Some of my favorite things include Grey's Anatomy, singing, and a good book. In my spare time, you can always find me in company of good food and good friends.