Freshman Class President Brianna Paganini

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Name: Brianna Paganini

Hometown: Howell, New Jersey

Year: Freshman

Major: Communications; Minor: Theatre

Her Campus: Why did you choose to come to Marist?

Brianna Paganini: Throughout the entire college application process, I was so nervous that I would never find the school that would give me “the feeling” that everyone says they get when they find the college of their dreams. The second I came to the Marist campus, however, I knew that this was the place I wanted to spend the next four years of my life. When I would visit other schools, every aspect of the environment was automatically compared to Marist and when I would imagine my future, I’d imagine myself growing and learning at nowhere other than Marist. Being here feels like home and I seriously could not imagine myself being anywhere else!

HC: What is an interesting fact about you?

BP: An interesting fact about me would be that I’ve been acting since I was in the fourth grade. I began acting through a nonprofit community theater group called “Kidz-4-Kidz” which produced shows to help raise money for kids with cancer. I found a passion in performing and continued to study acting throughout my high school career at the Freehold Performing Arts Center (FPAC). It was there that I had the privilege of traveling to Edinburgh, Scotland to perform in the Edinburgh Fringe Festival and I also performed at Tim Janis’ “The American Christmas Carol” in Carnegie Hall, NY!

HC: You are president of the freshman class – how has that experience been so far?

BP: Having the privilege of being the president of the freshman class has been one of the greatest learning experiences. In just the short amount of time that I’ve been President, I’ve developed a maturity and understanding for the importance of leadership and responsibility. I feel that I have gained the tools that are necessary in order to create happiness and camaraderie among the Class of 2019 for the years to come!

HC: Who are some of your biggest inspirations?

BP: My mom is undoubtedly one of my biggest inspirations. She is the most gentle, kindhearted and selfless individual that I have ever met. Everyday she instills others with joy and positivity without expecting recognition or praise in return. She does not need materialistic designer brands or the latest technological advancements to make herself happy. Instead, she relies on the memories made with the ones she loves to give her true happiness. She inspires me everyday to be the best person I can be and because of that, she is my biggest inspiration.

HC: What is your favorite Marist memory thus far?

BP: My favorite memory at Marist was having the opportunity to meet and speak with Dr. Azar Nafisi after her speech to the student body. Speaking with Dr. Nafisi was genuine, kind, and effortless and her passion and devotion to not only her craft, but the fragility of the world itself, was inspiring. Speaking with Dr. Nafisi reminded me of what it is to be human and the most concrete duty I have as an individual: to find love and give love. In just the short amount of time that I’ve been at Marist, this memory has made a huge impact on the way I perceive myself and the world around me.

A freshman at Marist College, Katrina is studying English with a concentration in writing. She is a lover of photography, words, and learning new things and would consider her an avid reader and writer with an affinity for all things creative.