Canadian Figure Skaters Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir Are In LOVE and I Don’t Care What Anyone Says

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

I have recently come to realize that I am, in fact, a hopeless romantic despite my stony and cynical exterior.  I greatly appreciate a good love story, and the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics have provided us with some great ones–who doesn’t love Alexa and Chris Knierim?  However, the romantic journey of Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir is what really has me enthralled.  While Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir are technically *cough cough* not dating, it is impossible to deny their deeply seeded connection.  

Being the ever so curious and endlessly nosy human that I am, I decided to dig deeper and get ~in the know~ about who these two beautiful skaters are.  First off, they started skating together when Tessa was 8 and Scott was 10.  That means they have known each other for most of their lives, not to mention passionately skating together for two decades.  They certainly know each other very well, and they are definitely comfortable around each other.  WHAT IS HOLDING THEM BACK, I MEAN, LOOK AT HOW PURE.Through a full night spent watching every performance I could find of these two, I realized that they can do tricks that I never thought to be possible.  They are EXCELLENT at what they do.  Their pacing and flow is unparalleled, and midst the jumping, twirling and lifting, they add a certain artistic element that keeps onlookers captivated.  While I have hopes that Tessa and Scott are secretly in love, the passion that I’m seeing executed in their performances could very well be the result of superb story-telling and acting.  

If this were to be true, however, that they are just excellent at acting and have been teasing the audience with fake romantic storylines just to enhance their performances, I would be devastated.  HOW COULD YOU FAKE THIS?

AND THIS

This is love.  The end.

Elizabeth is a senior at Marist College studying Public Relations and Advertising.  Currently serving as the Editor in Chief and CC of the Marist Chapter, she enjoys writing about entertainment, music, lifestyle, and news.