Campus Cutie: Michael Figueiredo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Year: Junior

Major: Computer Science

Hometown: South Windsor, CT

HC: Why did you choose Marist?

MF: I love the atmosphere here. I remember when I came to visit it was just a really comfortable vibe. I loved the campus and the people just seemed really nice. It just seemed like the right place for me to be.

HC: Tell me about your plans for the summer.

MF: I am going down to Texas again for the second summer to intern at USAA. I’m in the IT department so it goes along with my major. It’s a great company and I loved it down there so it should be fun going back.

HC: What does your post-graduation dream life look like?

MF: I don’t even know. I like it here a lot so post-graduation is scary, especially with all the seniors leaving now. I guess I’m looking forward to moving out on my own and I don’t know exactly where I’ll be. Maybe I’ll be in Texas; maybe I’ll be anywhere. I’m just looking forward to seeing where life takes me, I guess.

HC: I know the answer to this one but who’s your celeb crush?

MF: Shakira.

HC: Why?

MF: Because she’s amazing. Her voice. She’s beautiful. I could go on and on.

HC: Favorite movie?

MF: I love watching movies so this is always a tough question. I might have to go with the standard and just say “Shawshank Redemption.” It’s just such a good movie and it’s a classic.

HC: Favorite show?

MF: Everyone makes fun of me for these but I’ve always loved “Supernatural” and I like the new show “Vikings” on History Channel. They’re both great. I don’t know if I could choose between the two. Right now, probably “Vikings.”

HC: What’s your idea of the perfect first date?

MF: I feel like everyone would say this but lunch or dinner, something casual and nothing too serious to get to know someone. Nothing too over the top.

HC: What’s your most embarrassing Marist moment?

MF: It was freshman year, just when it was getting nice out in the spring. Everyone was longboarding across campus and I am not coordinated on wheels like that. And I tried to longboard on my friend’s board and I went all the way around the loop between Leo and Sheahan and when I was coming down that slight hill in front of Sheahan, the speed went crazy. I lost control and was serpentining down that hill and I tried to get off so I didn’t hit one of those little walls. I tried to catch myself with my arms but because of the momentum I smacked my face on the pavement and I thought I had a concussion. At first everyone was worried, but once I was fine they started laughing. It’s a memory.

Nicole Knoebel was the President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Marist and is a former National Contributing Writer for Her Campus. She attended Marist College and majored in English (Writing) and minored in Journalism. Nicole has been an editorial intern at Marie Claire, Us Weekly, Seventeen and ELLE and spent a semester living in New York City to test out the Carrie Bradshaw life (minus the Manolos). You can follow her on Twitter at @nicoleknoebel!