Campus Cutie: Matt Batory

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Year: Freshman

Major: Computer Science with a minor in Business

Relationship Status: Happily taken

Hobbies: Playing guitar, singing, playing FIFA

HC: So, you said you’re taken…does she go to Marist?

MB: She doesn’t. She goes to St. John’s University in Queens.

HC: Is it difficult being in a long distance relationship?

MB: Absolutely not. It’s easy for us to see each other and she means a lot to me.

HC: What is one of the sweetest things you’ve ever done for her?

MB: Towards the beginning of our relationship, we were invited to a Sweet Sixteen party and the whole night I promised her that we would have a slow dance, but they never played a slow song. So, I drove us to an empty Stop & Shop parking lot, rolled down the windows of my car and played “Give Me Love” by Ed Sheeran while we danced.

HC: That’s seriously adorable! Are you a good dancer?

MB: I only know how to Dougie…but at least I didn’t step on her feet!

HC: Well, that’s good! You also mentioned you play guitar?

MB: Yeah, I’ve been playing for twelve years. I enjoy playing acoustic, any style.

HC: Do you write your own music?

MB: All of the time! I write music a lot, but most of the time I just come up with song lyrics and I can’t figure out how to put notes behind them.

HC: That sounds like it can be frustrating. Do you plan on furthering your music career?

MB: I plan on recording an EP of original music this summer, but I don’t see music as a career for me.

HC: Sounds impressive, can’t wait to hear it! Let me change up the questions. Quick! What is your favorite villain from a book or movie?

MB: Cholera from The Ghost Map. What a tragic story.

HC: Clever, clever. What’s something you’ve given a lot of thought to lately?

MB: This interview. It’s probably the most thinking I have done in college so far.

HC: Last question! What is your favorite ice breaker or pick-up line?

MB: How much does a polar bear weigh? Enough to break the ice! Hi, I’m Matt.

Photo Credit: Paige DiFiore

An avid lover of writing who offers a broad choice of sarcastic comments, endless rants and teenage girl musings and who probably knows too much information about pugs and make-up. Paige is passionate about writing, nail designs, and being fabulous for every occasion and mood in her life whether it’s the half-awake and sassy looks during the day or looking half-awake and sleep-ready for her nights. . She might actually be the goddess of a religion that has yet to be discovered. What a time to be alive.