Campus Celeb: Corinne Bruckenthal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

With the year winding down, many of us upperclassmen are pumped for some of the biggest upcoming events on campus such as River Fest and the one, the only – SENIOR WEEK! Corinne Bruckenthal can’t be found in one place because the girl is just too busy! But if you were to look for her, you could probably find her in the SGA office because she is the Senior Class President working behind the scenes with College Activities planning really cool events. As for underclassmen, Corinne is someone to aspire to be like! She is a leader here on campus who is definitely leaving her mark.  Her woman crush is Emma Stone and she is obsessed with the Backstreet Boys, specifically the song “Get Another Boyfriend” or “The Call.” HC Marist was fortunate enough to sit down with this busy lady.

HC: Senior Class President! It must be an exciting year for you. How are you balancing all your responsibilities?

CB: I’m trying. I don’t even know if I am doing it well? But it is definitely a lot of late nights, a lot of emails, and a lot of meetings. I spend more time in meetings than I do in classes! When you need to get stuff done, you just make it work!

HC: What are your responsibilities?

CB: As Senior Class President I am in charge of programming for our class, so all of my focus is on River Fest and Senior Week, which has taken up all of my time. But it is going to be awesome so it’s fine. So those are my main responsibilities and then I sit on the Senate for weekly meetings.

HC: Do you ever get to work with DJM?

CB: Sometimes SGA gets to meet with him and as part of the Senior Class Gift Committee, I got to film with him and go into his office so that was cool to work with him one-on-one.

HC: Wait a minute? Senior Class Gift Committee? Senior Gift donations? What is that and should people be giving money??

CB: Senior Class Gift Campaign is where we encourage seniors to give back to Marist for all of the experiences that we had here that we are so thankful for. A lot of things that we do and see are actually funded from seniors who were here before us; it’s like an unrestricted Marist fund so I would definitely encourage every senior to donate to it. It’s also pretty competitive. We have a great opportunity to be the highest participating senior class; we are about 50 donations away from beating last year’s class!  So even if everyone donates a dollar, it will help us beat other classes!

HC: So do you have any of the details for senior week? Give me the low down.

CB: Friday, May 18 we have our fun bar event where you can get happy hour prices from 10-12 p.m. if you get the T-shirt that says “Acting like freshmen to forget we’re seniors.” The event is definitely going to be so much fun, definitely worth going to and you get yet another Marist shirt. Monday we are still working on so that’s an in progress thing. We are looking for something adventurous and fun and looking into scavenger hunts or cool things to get people involved! Tuesday is River Fest 2.0. We have decided to do a luau theme this year; no one’s actually done a theme before so we are excited! We will have boat cruises, food, and drinks and it’s going to be a ton of fun. We are working on tropical drinks as well! Wednesday is the Senior Toast, which is totally new! We are going to celebrate and do a senior champagne toast as a class. If you want some inside dirty deets we are actually working on getting commemorative champagne flutes as parting gifts with the Marist crest on it and Class of 2015 written as well!  To wrap that up, Thursday is formal. It’s gonna be a good week!

HC: We have our end of the school year countdown coming up but Corinne, what’s your favorite all time memory at Marist?

CB: There’s so much. There’s so many small little good times. I guess meeting my friends.  Or actually the time I parked in DJM’s parking spot and got a ticket, that’s gotta be up there too. It was only the normal $25 and I got yelled at, no biggie.

HC: If you could sum up your time at Marist in three words, what would they be?

CB: I’d say crazy, eventful and inspiring.

Ever since Nicole Boschetti could hold a pencil she has always wanted to write! So, writing for Her Campus Marist College is the one of the best opportunities she has ever had and is very thankful for Nicole Knoebel and Marissa Russo for bringing it to campus. Boschetti is in her junior year at Marist College, obtaining a dual certification Psychology and Regular/Special Education. On campus, she is on the board for the class of 2015's Student Government, a tour guide, and in NRHH. Boschetti's love for Marist runs deep, almost as deep as her love for Hawaii--where she studied abroad in 2013. Usually, you can find her waving to everyone she walks past on campus with a big smile on her face, make sure to say hello!