The Art of Wearing a Scarf

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Fall is the perfect season to play with different colors and accessories. And the perfect fall accessory? Scarves! With so many colors and sizes, scarves can be added to any outfit to make a perfect fall statement!

Mixing Prints

Scarves are great for a pop of color and can turn a normal outfit into an attention getter! This paisley scarf has enough colors to match the navy plaid button down and the green jacket. Plus it adds a colorful contrast!

With a Vest

Vests are common in the fall and the vest and button down look can get old. Dress up this go-to outfit with a scarf! Regular scarves are great for wrapping around or making your own infinity scarf.

Sweater

Poughkeepsie is cold for what feels like most of the year so sweaters are a staple. To keep warm and still look cute, add an infinity scarf! It is a cozy, quick, and effortless look.

Dress

Fall temperatures in Poughkeepsie can range from freezing to hot in a matter of hours and finding a balance can be hard. Transition your light summer dress into a fall look with a jacket and light scarf. 

Photo Credit: Meghan Nosal

Meghan is a sophomore at Marist College majoring in Communications with a double concentration in journalism and advertising and a minor in creative writing. Meghan has been a blogger since high school and loves to free write in her spare time. She enjoys hanging out with friends, playing guitar, exploiting her credit card to online shopping, and wasting time online.