Animal Print is the New Black

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Is leopard print going to be the pattern for fall?

The bold statements of animal print have never been for the faint of heart, but this fall it seems that the animal print trend may be back in full swing.

From Kaia Gerber rocking leopard print pants just a few days ago on the street, a look Vogue dubbed “‘90s Riot Grrrl,” to Man Repeller’s leopard inspired collaboration with Kate Spade last week, leopard print seems to be everywhere.

Popping up in shoes, bags, coats, and dresses, it’s a statement pattern for sure. But for those who are unafraid to spice up their wardrobe with an eye-catching print, animal prints can be the right choice for fall. 

While perusing hundreds of street style photos from this fashion month, animal prints in all its iterations proved it has the potential to be a subtle, yet prominent, favorite. Peeking out under a coat, used in a small scarf or accessory, or boldly covering an entire dress, this print was seen on everyone from fashion innovators to Instagram street style influencers.

Although not as prominent as this season’s polka dots and plaids, animal prints may just be the underdog of fall street style.

So, will you join the pack?

Images courtesy of Vogue.com, Getty Images, and Photographer Simon Chetrit. 

Makena is the Decor Section Editor, and former Style Section Editor and Editorial Intern at Her Campus. She is a senior at Marist College majoring in Communication with a concentration in Journalism and a minor in Graphic Design. One day she hopes to put her writing skills to work at a magazine or women's publication.  Follow her on Instagram @makenagera and Twitter @makena_gera.