All the Single Ladies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

When people ask me, how am I still single, I’m not sure if it is a compliment or an insult but I usually respond with, “I don’t know, I think I’m pretty awesome.” My mom says I’m special on the inside, so why doesn’t a tall, dark, and handsome man see the same?

I’m sure many of you feel the same, so why don’t we all come together and muse…rant…cry about our singleness together?

Maybe you watch shows like Long Island Medium and think that the prediction she would make about your life would be: “I see a lot of cats…” 

Like who needs a boyfriend when you can spend your weekend binge watching Daredevil protecting Hell’s Kitchen. 

And having a boyfriend would probably cut into your eating time anyway. 

And eating is important. 

You don’t want to have to be all conscious of your figure around him. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life. 

Not to say that it’s okay for a man to make you feel conscious of your figure…but you know what I mean. 

Let’s be honest, a boyfriend would also get in the way of you watching your nightly shows and FaceTiming with your dog. 

Do you ever wish that willing the cute guy in your class to like you would just do the trick? 

If only he would just see how perfect you would be together! Your children would be beautiful! 

But, hey, ladies. This is 2016, we can handle this world on our own. Haven’t you seen Frozen? We don’t need Prince Charming anymore! 

But, I mean…having one to cuddle with would be nice every once and a while…