7 Reasons to Spend Tuesdays at Valley Café

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Every Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. in the Cabaret, the Valley Café staff starts accepting tickets from the adventurous students and faculty of Marist who are about to embark on a delicious journey. Each week more and more people come ready to decorate their taste buds with foods from around the world. Your journey through places like North America, Europe, and Africa will most definitely spice up your Tuesdays. And for those scared to risk a meal swipe, the menu is posted in advance. With delicious variety and elegant dining, this upgrade is worth it, even for the Tuesday cupcake lovers. 

1. All the food is cooked with local, fresh ingredients from the area’s best farms and markets.
  2. You’ll get cultured the easy way. Without traveling abroad, explore places like Italy, France, Asia and India.
  3. You’ll dine with class. At the Valley, you’ll find the finest most elegant plates on campus.
  4. Dessert NEVER disappoints. Cupcake Tuesday? How about bacon covered donuts and warm apple crisp?
  5. Support the Hudson Valley community and give back. Profits go to local Poughkeepsie families and companies.
  6. Learn how to cook. Valley Café has actually featured chefs who teach you exactly how to make the food you are eating.
  7. Every dish tells its own unique story. The themes teach you about cultural differences, local food products and the passion behind the whole process. 

Need to taste it to believe it? Check out the Valley Café for lunch every Tuesday in the Cabaret.