5 Trends to Try for Class this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Try out fall’s hottest trends with a few of these chic pieces.

1. Fringe

The 70s are coming back in full force this fall and fringe is everywhere! I love this trend because it can be found on shoes, vests or skirts. But, if full out fringe isn’t your style you can still pull off fringy chic with accessories and handbags. Recreate your inner flower child and try a fringy look like this one.

Genuine Fringe Jacket, $54.50, Forever 21

2. Neutrals

When it comes to fall fashion, neutrals are always in style. Update your look with sleek minimalistic pieces by pairing solid, neutral colors with a statement shoe of your choice. For bonus points, pair a monochromatic outfit with a pair of retro sneakers! Update your neutrals with a style like this.

White Skate Skirt, $39.90, Zara

3. Oversized sweaters

Oversized Sweaters are one of the best fall trends because they’re effortlessly chic and extra cozy. If your sweater is long enough, pair it with riding boots and leggings and you’re ready for class! Try out a sweater like this on the next chilly, fall day.

Black turtleneck, $27.90, Forever 21

4. Suede

In keeping with the 70s trend this season, suede is huge and we love the inspiration from the disco days. Suede can be worn from day to night, and when paired with flare jeans and boho silhouettes, it’s super chic! Give suede a try this season, and for extra credit pair your pieces with statement accessories.

Plain Fringe Skirt, $24.50, Zara

5. Flares

It’s about time we part ways from the skinny silhouette and pull on some flares instead. Elongate your legs by pairing flared pants with high heels or wedges. For bonus points, add a fringy vest to your outfit. 

In Bloom Bells, $99.95, Free People

Anna Marotta is a Junior at Marist College where she is studying Marketing. She is extremely right-brained and loves to write, create, and travel. You can find Anna with her ten best friends at Lola's Cafe or stalking dogs on Marist Beach. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram! @annarosemarotta