This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

As the school year nears its end, I often find myself daydreaming of summer. Thinking of trips to the beach, picnics in the park, and bike rides with my friends. These have inspired me to create a list of all the things I want to do this upcoming summer season. If you are also eagerly awaiting summer and need some inspiration for your plans, here are my top 5 must do activities!

1. Attend a Concert

Summer is the season of stadium tours and music festivals, so it’s the perfect time to try to see your favorite artists in concert. If you can’t snag a ticket to one of the big shows, you can always check out local bands performing in your area.

2. Drive-in Movie

Pack up the car with blankets and pillows, grab some popcorn, and get ready for a night of entertainment. A lot of drive-in theaters will show double features so you can even see two movies for the price of one!

3. Watch the Sunrise

Everyone should watch the sunrise once in their lives. Go with friends to the beach or camp out in your own backyard and enjoy the view!

4. Bake or Cook something

Baking is one of my favorite pastimes, and summer is when I like to get experimental! With delicious summer desserts like cherry pie, peach cobbler, and fruit tarts, you’re sure to find culinary inspiration somewhere.

5. Learn Something New

Ever wanted to play guitar? Paint? Learn how to speak French? With ample free time, summer is perfect for learning something new. So pick up some drumsticks, a paintbrush, or a book and get started on your new hobby.

Jennifer is a junior pursuing a Communications degree at Marist College. A lover of music, fashion, and art, you can find her playing acoustic guitar or spending time with her chocolate lab Lexie.
Sarah Dorothy Lynch is a junior at Marist College studying Journalism and Public Relations with a passion for writing, travel, and bread (all varieties). If she ever met Emma Stone, she would likely keel over.