5 Must-See Broadway Shows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

1.     Kinky Boots

• An owner of a struggling family business and an ambitious entertainer seeks out to create the world’s greatest stiletto heels while facing troubles in understanding and friendships.

2.    The Book of Mormon

• Two young missionaries travel to Africa to convert citizens to the Mormon faith. Upon entering, the two boys face poverty, death, and disease, making their journey harder than expected.

3.    Mean Girls 

• The musical twist on the classic tale of Regina George’s rein and Cady’s plan to take her down in a hilarious story.  

4.    Waitress

• A pregnant waitress stuck in an abusive relationship, looks for a happy ending in the form of pies and an unlikely love interest.

5.   Dear Evan Hansen

• Evan Hansen is finally given the chance to fit in after lies, a letter, and a remarkable dream. Hansen is given a chance he never dreamed of before.   

Kristen is a freshman at Marist College with a major in fashion design and a minor in journalism and fashion merchandising. When Kristen is not thinking about fashion, she either reads, listens to loud music, or binge watches movies on Netflix.
Sarah Dorothy Lynch is a junior at Marist College studying Journalism and Public Relations with a passion for writing, travel, and bread (all varieties). If she ever met Emma Stone, she would likely keel over.