The 5 Faces of Marist Students Post-Housing Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

This past week, the mini version of The Hunger Games, otherwise known as Marist Housing Day, occurred in the McCann Center. Some won the day, some were left hanging out to dry. Which of these best fits your post-housing day mood?

1. Congratulations! You got your first choice housing and are living with a big group of your best friends!  

2. You got into the house you wanted, but you don’t know a single person there. 

3. You’re with your friends…in Talmadge. 

4. You put yourself on the wait list and are praying to the housing gods to get you into a Fulton.

5. You got no housing at all. Hang in there, kiddo.

Skyler Van Valkenburgh is a sophomore at Marist College with a major in Communications, a concentration in Journalism, and a minor in Theatre. She loves to sing, dance, and act more than pretty much anything in the world (seriously, ask her friends). Some of her other interests include reading, spending time with her fellow Red Foxes, and copy editing for the Marist student newspaper, The Circle. She has hopes of one day writing for a major newspaper or magazine. Only time will tell how far this collegiette will go! You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram: @skylerleighvv