jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Essential School Supplies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Hey everyone, a new semester has started, which means new school supplies! Over the years I have found some essential things I need to have in my backpack during the school day, so I thought I’d share with you all. Here they are.

1. Hand Sanitizer – I find some things around school you touch can be gross, so you can take hand sanitizer out of your backpack and use it in class. But, definitely by lunch time my hands feel all grimy, so I put hand sanitizer on before I touch my food.

2. Band Aids – You never know when something will pop up when either you or a classmate will need a band aid, so I always like to have them in my backpack just in case. They’re also great to have if you’re wearing a new pair of shoes and they start giving you blisters in the middle of the day. Plus, it also saves a trip to the nurse!

3. Gum/Mints – Sometimes after lunch (or in the morning) I need a little refresher so I chew some gum or have a mint!

4. Advil – On some occasions I will get a headache or my stomach will hurt. So, to save a trip to the nurse’s office I will keep Advil in my backpack. I get this box from Sam’s Club/Costco that has individual packets of Advil that I can just put a few in my backpack and take 1 packet out to use if I need it.

5. Tide to go- This one is new to my list because I’ve found my friends and I sometimes have pop up stains on our clothes in the middle of the day and no one has anything to get it out. So, I have a mini one to take with me this year to make it easy to get out any stains.

Caroline is a freshman at Marist college majoring in fashion merchandising. She enjoys fashion, sports, and being with friends and family. In her free time she loves to workout, ride her dads motorcycle, and play with her tea cup poodle. Caroline is also a social media connoisseur as she loves to be up to date on the latest trends. She hopes she can inspire people through her writing and show them you can accomplish anything in life if you're truly passionate about it.
Sarah Dorothy Lynch is a junior at Marist College studying Journalism and Public Relations with a passion for writing, travel, and bread (all varieties). If she ever met Emma Stone, she would likely keel over.