15 Stages of a Marist Snow Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

1.    *Night before* Please let there be snow!

2.    *Wake up, look out the window, check your emails* WOOOOHHH! Classes cancelled. SNOW DAY!

3.    I might as well lie in a bed for a while, maybe go back to sleep. I’ve got nowhere to be, right?

4.    *Four hours later* As comfortable as this bed is…

5.    Let me just sink into the couch with these snacks.

6.    A snow day is a perfect disqualification from working out. Lazy day, score!

7.    I’m going to watch back-to-back episodes of Friends or Sex and the City.

8.    Time for another snack… or three.

9.    Don’t I have work I should be doing? Eh, it’ll get done tomorrow.

10. By the fifth movie, the day is dragging on and you realize you’re bored of sitting on your butt.

11. We should totes build a Marist snowman and have a snowball fight. So Insta worthy.

12. Let’s take 50 pictures in the snow until we get the perfect cute and artsy Instagram picture.

13. Time for a well deserved nap.

14. Game time! Reality show drinking games. You know what that means…wine, and lots of it.

15. Wait…tomorrow isn’t another snow day?!

Photo Credit

Nadia is a senior at Marist College originally from Long Island, New York. She is majoring in Communications with a concentration in Journalism and minoring in Business. You're likely to see her at a music festival combining her passions of dance and hula hooping. Give her a good book and she'll be entertained. Nadia hopes to one day work for a magazine writing a column or designing layouts. After studying abroad in Florence, Italy and traveling to over 15 countries over the course of her years, it's safe to say she also has aspirations to see the world.