13 Signs You Lived in Foy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

1.     No more swiping in, hooray!

2.     The unwanted walk up and down the steep hill to your car was even worse knowing that there was an empty lot right in front of your doorstep.

3.     You tried to be a badass and parked in the Foy lot anyway…which just ended up with a boot on your car.

4.     You could easily leave 30 seconds before class started and still make it in time, with the exception of fashion and art majors.

5.     You still refer to your various friend groups by the letter & number of their house.

6.     The balcony was the ultimate backup freezer during the winter.

7.     Grocery shopping was too much of a chore…looks like pasta every night!

8.     The walk to the gym felt like an eternity, so you resorted to yoga and home workouts in the living room…or none at all.

9.     You finally got to cook your own meals!

But clearly everyone’s new at this. Fire alarm central.

10.  Living in the basement felt like a dungeon, but made for the perfect party spot.

11.  If you saw someone else walking to the laundry room, it was like a race to the finish line.

12.  Seven other housemates? Drama, drama, drama.

13. But even with the drama, it really was the best. 

Photo Credit

Nadia is a senior at Marist College originally from Long Island, New York. She is majoring in Communications with a concentration in Journalism and minoring in Business. You're likely to see her at a music festival combining her passions of dance and hula hooping. Give her a good book and she'll be entertained. Nadia hopes to one day work for a magazine writing a column or designing layouts. After studying abroad in Florence, Italy and traveling to over 15 countries over the course of her years, it's safe to say she also has aspirations to see the world.