10 Signs You’re a Senior Who Can’t Contract Senioritis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

Senioritis is well known in the academic world. The disease most commonly spreads at the end of senior year, but can be developed as early as junior year. For many, the symptoms of senioritis include laziness, unwillingness to do schoolwork, an excessive amount of time spent watching Netflix, and an overall indifference towards all things school-realted. While some people can’t help but contract this illness, there are others who wish they could! These are the typical Type-A, OCD students, whose GPA can afford a bad grade or two. But, they simply cannot catch the senioritis germs. Here are some tell-tale signs that you are a college senior who cannot contract senioritis. 

1. You have gotten 100 on every quiz in a class, and the teacher drops the lowest quiz grade, but you still study for the last quiz of the semester. 

2. You simply cannot skip class. 

3. You start studying so early for finals, just so you can feel accomplished that much sooner. 

4. When you have no homework or studying to do, you have no idea what to do with yourself. 

5. You watch Netflix in the middle of the day in an attempt to prove to yourself that you can ~not care.~ 

6. You want so badly to just not care about that presentation, that test, or that paper. 

7. You have been accepted to grad school, rendering the rest of your senior year moot, yet you still study like your life depends on it. 

8. You can only relax when you get the *blessing* from your mom via FaceTime that you have studied enough. 

9. You have accepted that people think you are crazy. 

10. You constantly consider just not caring about grades, but then you think about the possibility of being valedictorian…and you go right back to studying.