10 Signs You Lived in Sheahan Hall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

1. You have seen or at least have listened and/or looked for “Shelley.”

2. The vast majority of your Sheahan friends were made in the lounge.

3. You worship or at least know the legacy of Jesse Mungin.

4. You have become frustrated over the inevitably chaotic state of the laundry room at some point.

5. You have kicked, smacked, yelled at, or dramatically walked away from the snack machine out of frustration.

6. You have had a tour of or wondered what the basement triple “Bat Cave” looks like (if you have no idea what we’re talking about, check out this Word on the River blog post). 

7. You would have bought the proposed 2013 shirt with the phrase “Sheahan Hall: It’s Not That Bad.” 

8.  If you’re a Sheahan girl, you have learned how to deal with urinals in your bathroom.

9. You have told yourself you would take advantage of being so close to the gym…You may or may not have followed through.

10. When asked where you lived freshman year, many people respond with “Oh…Sheahan?” but you will defend it with your whole heart because – deep down – you know Sheahan is your home.

Photo Credit

Cassie Carroll is a Senior at Marist College with a dual major in English Literature and Adolescent Education and a minor in Theatre. She is a member of Marist College Club of Theatre Arts and Dance Ensemble, loves naps, Nutella, and lots of coffee.