10 Amazing Marist Dining Hall Hacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Marist chapter.

I’m sure we can all agree that dining hall food easily becomes mundane. After the first few weeks, the excitement of being able to eat pizza for dinner every night quickly wears off. On some days when you go to reach for the standard college staple of a slice of pizza and a heaping plate of fries, consider busting out your inner chef and trying one of these new food combos with these dining hall hacks!

1. PB & Honey Toast. Make yourself a slice of toast and slather on some peanut butter. Then, grab the honey from the coffee station and drizzle some over the top for some extra sweetness.

2. Bacon & Egg Sandwich. Put a bagel in the toaster and go grab some scrambled eggs and bacon (or sausage). Pile up your bagel with the eggs and your breakfast meat of choice for a tasty breakfast sandwich.

3. Greek Chicken Salad. This one is super easy, but also healthy and tasty. Get some grilled chicken from the grill station and combine it with spinach leaves, crumbled feta cheese, olives and your other fave toppings from the salad bar.

4. Hawaiian Pizza. Grab a regular slice of pizza and then head over to the fruit station. Take some pineapple chunks from the mixed fruit and use them to top off your pizza. (Bonus: If the sandwich station has some ham, add it on for a true Hawaiian pizza experience!)

5. Ice Cream Float. Take some plain vanilla ice cream from the dessert station then head on over to the drinks and fill a cup halfway with your soda of choice. Scoop the ice cream into your soda for a unique and tasty dessert!

6. Chicken Salad. Get a piece of grilled chicken from the grill station and shred it or cut it up with a fork and knife. Then, mix in some mayonnaise from the condiment station as well as some chopped celery. This is super yummy on its own or in a sandwich!

7. Spicy Sushi Sauce Fries. You know that orange spicy mayonnaise at the sushi station? Swap out the regular ketchup and BBQ sauce and dip your fries in this instead. The sushi sauce also goes really well with chicken!

8. Ants On A Log. This is such a classic snack from childhood. Snag some celery and then spread peanut butter onto it. Top it off with some dried cranberries from the salad bar. (They’re not raisins, but they’re close enough!)

9. Buffalo Chicken. Grab some grilled chicken from the grill station and then drizzle it with hot sauce for a spicy kick.

10. Cheese Sticks & Marinara Sauce. Get a grilled cheese from the grill and cut it in the strips. Then, just like mozzarella sticks, grab some marinara sauce from the pasta station and use it for dipping sauce.

Photo Credit 1

Photo Credit 2

An avid lover of writing who offers a broad choice of sarcastic comments, endless rants and teenage girl musings and who probably knows too much information about pugs and make-up. Paige is passionate about writing, nail designs, and being fabulous for every occasion and mood in her life whether it’s the half-awake and sassy looks during the day or looking half-awake and sleep-ready for her nights. . She might actually be the goddess of a religion that has yet to be discovered. What a time to be alive.
Lizzy is a co-campus correspondent at Marist College where she is majoring in communication and minoring in studio art, spanish and psychology. She runs for the cross country and track teams, is a member of the dance ensemble and PRSSA and serves as the Class of 2016 President. Lizzy is a self-diagnosed peanut butter addict and a fan of snail mail. Follow her on Twitter @ellpeps.