Zack Zerio ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Name: Zack Zerio

Class year: 2014

Major: Communication (advertising)

Hometown: Glastonbury, Conn.

Relationship Status: Single

Life at Manhattan

Her Campus: What exciting things are you doing for your last semester?

Zack Zerio: I have an internship at a media agency called Starcom in midtown, working on the Samsung account. I’m learning a lot and working with a lot of cool people. It’s something I’m really thinking about doing after graduation, so it’s a great opportunity.

HC: What else are you involved with on campus

ZZ: I’m a tour guide for admissions and have been since my sophomore year. It’s cool to see that people who I gave tours to decided to come to Manhattan.

HC: How do you like living off campus?

ZZ: I like it! My apartment is really nice, and it’s close enough to the school where I don’t feel dethatched from campus, but I feel like I have a lot more freedom.

HC: What unique opportunities have you had since coming to Manhattan?

ZZ: The most significant one would probably be the L.O.V.E. trip to New Orleans my sophomore year. The L.O.V.E. program was a big part of the reason I decided to come to MC. When I was there, we got to go help build houses in areas that were affected by Hurricane Katrina. We also got to spend a lot of time in the city, and I loved it.

HC: What’s your favorite class you have taken at Manhattan?

ZZ:  Graphic Design. I like to be creative.

Fun Facts

HC: Favorite chick flick?

ZZ: Mean Girls, if that counts.

HC: Ideal Vacation?

ZZ: I would love to go back to Bonnaroo. I love camping and good music, and I went with some of my best friends. I really want to go back soon.

HC: What’s your biggest pet peeve?

ZZ: I know it sounds strange, but I really, really hate when people slam doors, especially kitchen cabinets. I don’t get it. Like, you’re standing right next to it, why can’t you just close it?

HC: As an advertising major, what’s your professional opinion for best Super Bowl commercial?

ZZ: Easy. The Subaru dog commercial, where the dog family is in the car.