Which Manhattan College Bar Fits You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

If you go to Manhattan College then you know it’s a bar school. Because of the prime location, there are a few bars to choose from when deciding your plans for the night. Which Manhattan College bar suits you best?

1. Cannons

Cannons AKA O’Connell’s Pub but newly named Tara Hill Irish Tavern… (sounds like they’re having an identity crisis) is the typical freshman bar. If you’re looking to get out of your mind drunk, drink bitch faces and pitchers all night, and dance the night away while standing about an inch from the people you’re with… Cannons is the place for you. Although everyone has had some great memories there, we cannot deny that as soon as you hit the end of Sophomore/ Junior year… it’s time to move on to bigger and better things. Cannons will always hold a place in our upperclassmen hearts- mainly because it has taken so much from us (money, belongings that we’ve forgotten there, and let’s not forget a bit of our dignity). But for you underclassmen, take the ride down there because it’s worth it and don’t forget to stop at Koronet’s on your way home! 

2. Fenwicks 

Four years ago, Fenwicks was the ultimate upperclassmen bar. No freshman (or underclassmen in general) would dare to try to trick Pat the bouncer with their “novelty” form of identification. Fenwicks has had a crazy few years and went from an upperclassmen bar to an underclassmen bar to a nobody goes there bar. But if you’re looking for a seat at the bar, a place where you can get dollar beers on Wednesdays, and a sports game on the TV… Fens is the place for you. Who knows, maybe the upperclassmen will take back Fens again? #ProjectTakeBackFens

3. Riverdale City Grill

Lately, River City has become the go-to place on the weekends. The problem with that is it’s the go-to place for everyone… meaning on the weekends, everyone and their moms are there. However if you show up a bit earlier you can usually beat the crowd and have a good time for at least a little bit. If you’re looking to go somewhere where you will 100% bump into people you know, River City is the place for you. The music is always good, they have $20 fishbowls that you will almost always regret purchasing, 2 for 1 drinks on most nights starting at 11, and trivia on Thursdays starting at 8! This place has pretty much got it all… no wonder everyone goes there. 

4. Pipers

Pipers Kilt is famously known for their brunch special. Choose a time: 12-3, 3-6, 6-9 and for three hours you will receive unlimited mimosas (or beer but who turns down mimosas) and a burger of your choise for just $30… now that is quite the deal. Pipers can be compared to a black hole… You lose all notion of time while there. When you walk in it’s usually light out and when you walk out (after feeling as if an entire day has gone by) it’s still light out and that just messes with you. If you’re looking for a fun time with a good group of friends (and an amazingly good burger) on a budget… Pipers is the place for you.

Manhattan College may be a small school but there’s a place for everyone! 

Alyssa is a senior at Manhattan College majoring in Communications with a concentration in Journalism. She is the Campus Correspondant of Her Campus Manhattan. She is from New Jersey but is in love with New York City. She will be interning at Z100 starting January 2015. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @littleamac!