This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Being in quarantine can be really boring, but it is the perfect time to binge-watch new shows. Netflix has been my best friend during this time so I made a list of some of my favorite shows to watch right now!

Love is Blind

I don’t know about you but before I started watching this I was seeing ads for it everywhere. Personally I am not the one to like dating shows, but this one is really good. Basically there are a group of guys and a group of girls that go on dates in these isolation pods, where they can’t see each other but only hear each other. The catch is they can only see each other when they get engaged. It goes against normal dating shows which are usually about looks. If you like drama, this show is perfect.

The Circle

The circle is a reality competition show where all the players live in the same apartment building yet they don’t get to see each other. They communicate through social media so they can essentially change their identities and who they really are. Throughout the show the contestants rate each other and at the end of each episode, a new person gets eliminated. If you need some drama and suspense in your life, this show is the one for you.

Cheer

This show has to be one of my favorites. It follows the cheer team at Navarro College, a small junior college in Texas, on their way to nationals. The show follows the different cheerleaders and their struggles and how they ended up on the team. This show can be pretty emotional at times, but nonetheless inspiring.

Queer Eye

I will watch reruns of this show until the day I die; this has to be one of my favorite shows that Netflix has ever produced. It is a sequel to the show from the ’90s, ‘Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.’ It follows five inspiring guys with different talents who go to different people and give them life-changing makeovers. This show is inspiring and definitely a tear-jerker. Each episode is something completely different and will keep you wanting for more.

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez 

This docuseries is based on the true, horrific events of a boy and his parent’s involvement in his murder. I love true crime shows but this is completely different. It shows the trails of his case and the court’s involvement in it. It makes you think a lot about our criminal justice system and the flaws it has in the United States.

I hope this was helpful and hopefully inspires you to binge a new show! Stay healthy  

Bridget Turro

Manhattan '23

Bridget is a sophomore at Manhattan College. She is majoring in political science and minoring in woman and gender studies. She loves animals, traveling and exploring NYC.
As an avid lover of all things writing related, Christine is a born story-teller. She is a junior at Manhattan College majoring Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she’s not writing, you can find her exploring NYC, binge watching The Office, or enjoying a good cup of tea. She joined Her Campus after transferring to MC and absolutely fell in love with it! She is currently the Campus Correspondent of her chapter, and hopes her articles can entertain and inspire women everywhere. After college, she plans to continue writing and hopes to publish a book one day. Be sure to check out her college lifestyle blog Christineeve.com!