This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Five year-old Seth Lane from England has SCID, or severe combined immunodeficiency, but that hasn’t stopped the little trooper from shining. Although he does not have the opportunity to spend his time at the local playground or in a classroom, he makes the best of it in his sterile  home: the hospital. His immunodeficiency is so extreme that little Seth cannot be exposed to another sick individual otherwise he could potentially die. Those who wish to visit him are obligated to scrub themselves and wear plastic gowns, in order to prevent any risks. Seth had a near death experience when he was only two years old, but was miraculously saved from a bone marrow transplant. His friends and family were delighted to see little Seth smiling and regaining his strength, but they had spoken too soon. Seth became sick again in October, and is currently awaiting to receive a second bone marrow transplant. This cute little munchkin doesn’t deserve to live in a “bubble,” which gave him the name,“bubble boy.” In order to express our love and support for him, post a selfie on any social media wearing a yellow shirt (Seth’s favorite color) and hashtag it #WearYellowForSeth on March 27th. His mother will print out all the pictures and hang them up in his room. MC loves you Seth! xx

Vanessa Sanchez is a Sophomore at Manhattan College, majoring in I/O Psychology, with a minor in Management. Devoted to helping and making others smile, she dreams of one day moving to the Upper East Side and working in the fashion industry. Aside from her passion for fashion, she is a Gossip Girl fanatic, avid food lover, Barça fan, and travel enthusiast. Follow her on Instagram: @vansanch