This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

By Niamh Withers

Good music can be hard to come by. When current music isn’t enough for you, it’s never a bad idea to work backwards by traveling back in time to listen to songs that were once, and still are, huge hits. You don’t have to wait for your favorite artists to release new songs. There’s always “new” music to discover, even if the songs were released forty years ago! If you love old music like I do, more specifically tunes from the 80’s, here’s a list of songs that will never be skipped on your playlist!

Eyes Without a Face – Billy Idol

Although a slower tune, I can’t get this song out of my head! 

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – U2

This song written in 1987, shares a story about spiritual growth. It discusses having experienced many things in life, yet still not feeling at peace internally. 

New Moon On Monday – Duran Duran

The vibes of this song are immaculate and make you feel like you’re in a movie!

White Lines – Duran Duran

Originally sung by Melle Mel, Duran Duran’s cover of this song is super catchy and thrilling. This song will definitely get your foot tappin’!

Brand New Lover – Dead or Alive

Dead or Alive offers a classic 80’s beat with this catchy breakup song!

Sunglasses at Night – Corey Hart

Thanks to Jordan Peele’s Nope, this song has gained popularity again, reminding everyone how certain songs are forever timeless!

Object of My Desire – Starpoint

Thank you Stranger Things for featuring this classic in season four! 

Niamh is a junior at Manhattan College studying Marketing with a minor in digital arts and humanities. She loves animals and heavily enjoys art, music, & podcasts.