This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

This weekend I decided to go to the Museum of Ice Cream.  I went with my boyfriend and paid about $110 for two tickets (including tax).  This is a lot of money for a museum and it made me nervous that we weren’t going to get our money’s worth, but I was so wrong. 

Firstly, there were free ice cream bars to stop at throughout the museum.  You can sit there and eat as much ice cream as you want, but I just took an ice cream and walked around.  By the time I reached the next ice cream bar, I finished my previous ice cream.  At every ice cream bar they have different flavors to choose from.  When we went, they had black cherry sherbet, pink vanilla ice cream with sprinkles, chocolate ice cream, pineapple sherbet, strawberry ice cream, and a pink ice pop.  All of the flavors were super good, but our favorite was the black cherry sherbet.

There was so much to do in this museum.  It took over an hour to walk around and do everything.  First we were able to choose our ice cream names and write them on name tags.  It was super exciting to come up with funny names and call each other by our names.  There was a carnival room where you could play games that you would find at a carnival or a Dave and Busters.  We also got cotton candy here.  This room connected to a playroom where there was a swing set, a small ball pit, a basketball hoop game, and more.  After this, there was the infamous sprinkle pool. This was by far the most exciting part.  We were able to jump off fake diving boards into the sprinkle pool and slide down the slide.  It was a lot of fun, even for twenty year olds.  But a warning is that you have to be careful when jumping in especially if you are older because the sprinkle pool isn’t deep and there is a chance you can hurt yourself; but nonetheless, we still had way too much fun.  There was a wall with magnetic letters that you could rearrange and leave a message.  You could write who’s birthday you were celebrating, what you are celebrating in life, etc.  

There were also so many photo opportunities in this museum.  You can take pictures with hanging bananas, half of them were pink and half of them were yellow.  The room was split in half.  Of course there is the famous pink subway cart.  This is where I took my best photos.  It looked exactly like a subway cart but it was also ice cream themed: there were funny ice cream quotes on the walls and all of the interior decorations were based around pink, New York City, and ice cream.  There is also a rainbow hallway that you could take pictures in.  There was a room with cloud projections and mirrors, this was a pretty photo opportunity as well as a chance to sit down in little tables in there and play a game that the museum offers to buy in the gift shop.

Overall, this was the best museum I’ve ever been to.  My boyfriend and I had a lot of fun and we laughed the whole time.  I would recommend this museum to anyone.  I was nervous to bring my boyfriend because it is an all pink museum but the experience was extremely fun for the both of us.  I can’t wait to go to this museum again.

Emily Gianni

Manhattan '24

Hi I'm Emily! I am in my Senior Year at Manhattan College, graduating in Spring 2024. I am studying Childhood Special Education with an upward extension to middle school with a double major in English. My goal in life is to teach elementary school and later on, teach middle school. Although I don't have a position in my Her Campus chapter, I am still an active writer for Her Campus! I write about all different topics for Her Campus, anything that interests me or that I believe other girls will find useful and informational. I am a team captain on the Manhattan College cheerleading team, so I may write about that sometimes. I also love sorority rush season so I have written about my sorority a few times. I believe that Her Campus is an amazing source for women to put their work out there and influence other girls. I love being a part of this organization and being able to write about whatever I love. This is the best outlet for me to learn more about my writing style, experiment with different topics that I would not be allowed to write about in a class, and grow as a writer.