Movies to Watch With Your Girlfriends That Exude Sisterhood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

There’s nothing better than spending a night in with your closest friends, wrapped in cozy blankets, surrounded by snacks, and indulging in a fun movie, especially as the weather starts to get colder. Whether you’re looking for laughter, tears, or inspiration, there is a treasure trove of films that capture the beauty of female friendships. 

Here is a list of movies for your next girls’ night. So, grab your popcorn, your best friends, and let the movie night begin. 

Practical Magic

It is officially fall and finally October, therefore it’s that time of year to re-watch Practical Magic. From midnight margaritas to raising and murdering the dead, there really is no better time of the year to watch this film. If you love witches and sisterhood, put this on at your next movie night – it’s life changing. 

The First Wives Club 

A movie about vengeance and sisterhood, this film is a must-watch post-breakup. From Goldie Hawn and Dianne Keaton to Sarah Jessica Parker and Maggie Smith, it’s an all star cast in a movie I guarantee you haven’t seen before. 

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

This is an obvious suggestion for a girls night, however, its relevance and message are still important in adulthood, especially in college. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants tells the story of a pair of jeans that fits every girl in a friend group and spends the summer with each one of them as they discover themselves and find love.

Little Women

There are several versions of this movie, and while I do love the 1994 version with Wynona Rider and Christian Bale, the best one for your next girls night is obviously the Greta Gerwig version. Another movie that portrays the power of love, sisterhood, and girlhood in the most beautiful way. 

Parent Trap

While some of us may be watching this movie for Dennis Quaid or Natasha Richardson, this movie shows the power of sisterhood in the face of distance and heartbreak. Though you may have grown up watching this movie, rewatching it in your 20s with your girlfriend is a recipe for a good night. 

Hocus Pocus

Another witchy, fall movie to get you in the holiday spirit, Hocus Pocus is actually a great representation of the strength of sisterhood and the power of women. You won’t regret watching this with your girlfriends.

Adrianne Hutto

Manhattan '24

Adrianne Hutto is a Senior communication major at Manhattan College with a concentration in journalism. She loves writing about fashion, animals and food. In her free time she loves to cook, spend time with her cat, Casper, and rollerskating in Van Cortlandt Park.