Meet Your Campus Celebrity, Steven Peralta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Meet your campus celebrity, Steven Peralta!

Funny, down to earth, and captivating, this guy can change the vibe of a room as soon as he walks in. The first time I met Steven, he treated me like someone he had known for years. He is so easy to adjust to which is probably many of the reasons he is loved by people on campus. There is no doubt that success is going to continue to follow Steven. I had the opportunity to hear all about Steven’s past and how he got to where he is now. It’s genuinely inspiring. He is a young entrepreneur finishing college and has an eye for food.

Name: Steven Peralta

Age: 21

Year: Senior 

Hometown: Harlem, New York 

Major: Finance and Management 

HC: I know you love “chefin’-it-up” in the kitchen when you get a chance. What is one of your favorite dishes to make?

Steven: I enjoy making chicken alfredo. I love how I’m able to spice it up and add my own touches to make it my own. But, one of my other specialties would have to be making sandwiches. You will definitely be impressed.

Be sure to follow Steven on Snapchat @Chefboyurmuelz to find out #What’sOnYourPlateTho!

HC: What is one thing you have accomplished recently that you are most proud of?

Steven: I am most proud of being a young entrepreneur. I own my own studio called Divad Studios with my best friend. I have to say it isn’t easy, but being able to call the shots is a good feeling. Coming from a poor background and being able to step away from that to create a good future for myself is one of the best things I could ever do. Finishing my last year of college and going to work is also a plus. I’m still learning new things at school everyday and I like how I’m able to take what I’ve learned and apply those resources to my business.

Business inquires: Divadstudios.com.

Facebook: Divadstudios.

HC: What extracurricular activities are you involved in on campus?

Steven: I am a brother at APD (Alpha Phi Delta). The moment I joined the fraternity, I was instantly part of a larger system of colleagues. The biggest pros of being in a fraternity is building lifelong relationships with current members and also having the opportunity to network with many companies. I am also the Public Relations Officer and the Treasurer of Entrepreneurship Club. I am in the Marketing Club, and lastly, the Finance and Economics Club. 

HC: For a while now you have been spreading motivational vibes on Snapchat called Muela Motivation where I can even see myself being motivated by it every time I watch. What does Muela Motivation mean to you? And what inspired you to stand up and do such an influential thing in such a simple and creative way?

Steven: Honestly, there was a time in my life where I wasn’t completely in the place I wanted to be. I woke up one day and watched something on television that motivated me to want to get up and do good things. From that day, I realized how powerful that message was and how much it changed my life. If I’m able to be motivated from someone else and have someone else turn my life around, I knew I could do the same thing. Whether it is lifting the spirits of someone who was having a bad day, someone who just needed a little motivation to get something done or someone like me who felt like they had no direction. So that’s why I decided to do Muela Motivation. I just want to be that influential figure for people. I want people to see that they can do whatever they put their mind and effort to. I live the life of “Muela Motivation.” I’m constantly changing the game day by day. What can I say, it’s the best feeling to be able to have people come up to me and tell me they loved my Muela Motivation. It just makes me appreciate what I do more.

HC: I know one of your main things is making sure you’re constantly humble. What advice would you give to students at Manhattan College or anyone in general, on staying humble throughout their journey to success?

Steven: From experience, just be the best you can be, and you’ll see yourself being able to offer so much more to others.

HC: What quote do you live by?

Steven: “Everything around us is someone’s dream coming true, so why can’t I succeed and make my dream become reality?” -Steven Perlata

HC: What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?

Steven: I get very nervous and I’m very self-conscious. Everything always has to be well-thought out.

HC: Which celebrity do you look up to the most?

Steven: Jay Z and 50 Cent are some cool dudes. They both came from horrible situations and made it into something great. They had a skill and their hustle to get to where they are is truly admirable.

HC: What do you see yourself doing after you graduate?

Steven: Working full time at the studio for sure. 

Thank you so much to Steven for the interview. I am so proud to see someone with such passion doing good things in life. It is never a dull moment with you. Keep it up, and I wish you the best of luck in your future.