This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Odds are, you have met Patrick before.

He can most often be spotted in Locke’s Loft, sporting his varsity jacket and twirling a Harry Potter keychain while seamlessly floating from table to table mingling and chatting. And while he is only a freshman, he is already making strides to be one of the most well-known and successful students on campus. With a killer internship, an online comic strip, and the workload of a double-major, Patrick still has the time to stop and say hi to anybody and everybody.

HC: Why did you choose MC?

P: I chose MC because of its location, being that it is extremely close to the city. The 1 train is basically on campus. As well as its size and community, I wanted a smaller sized school with a nice network where people know and say hi to each other as they pass on the Quad.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about MC? 

P: The people. The students and the teachers are awesome.

HC: Besides schoolwork, what else are you involved with on campus?

P: I am in the psych club, the LGBT club, and I do intramurals. (Dodgeball is his favorite).

HC: What are some of your other hobbies?

P: I love to draw and design. I am working on an online comic strip called “PWCL: People With Crazy Lives.” With school and a new internship it has been hard to fully develop it. But I still love to draw freely throughout the day.

HC: Tell us about your internship.

P: I’m currently interning at a creative studio in the city by the World Trade Center called Yellow Fever Creative. It’s a fashion, graphics, music and art studio. I’m working as a graphic design and advertising intern. My current project is working on the new logo and website for the company.

Even though he is a guy living nine lives, Patrick still has time to go to Zumba at the mini-gym and hangout in Chrystostom. Look out as he plans to study abroad in England and intern with Disney Animations during his next three years here at MC. 

Ally Hutzler Writer, swimmer, and coffee-lover.