Meet MC Campus Celeb Chris Hall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

Considering the size of Manhattan, there are not a lot of people who we don’t recognize. Whether it’s just passing someone on the quad or seeing them in class in Leo, there are familiar faces everywhere. However, there are just some people at this school who stand out. Chris Hall is a loyal Jasper, who contributes a lot to this school by being friendly and considerate to everyone he sees. He can sometimes be seen at campus events wearing a Hot Dog costume. As a junior chemical engineer, it would be easy for him to get lost in his studies, but he doesn’t. You all may have seen him this past Quadstock, playing guitar and singing with Sheena Mullan, as the opening musician for Taking Back Sunday.

Her Campus: I want to start with the question that’s probably on everyone’s mind–what’s the story with the hot dog costume?

Chris Hall: I just had it and I thought that it was funny. I have retired the costume though, and it’s back in Jersey.

HC: How long have you been playing guitar?

CH: Like 8 or 9 years.

HC: What was it like to play Quadstock, and essentially be the opening band for Taking Back Sunday?

CH: That was pretty fun, Sheena kind of asked me out of nowhere in math and I was like “yeaahhhhh!”

HC: Any plans for performing on campus any more?

CH: I don’t know who Kellie Pickler is but I would play Jasper Days for free. And I’ve done coffee house before and I’ll probably do it again.

HC: What are you involved with other than music?

CH: Intramural sports, volleyball and softball. And I’m the treasurer of AISCHE, which is our campus chapter for American Institute of Chemical Engineers. I’m actually running for Vice President of the student body next year.

HC: What made you decide to run for student government?

CH: My friend John asked me if I wanted to do it and I said yes. We have some ideas about how to make the school better. Our party has a lot of different people so we want to make sure everyone’s voice is heard. I also want to make Jasper Days called Springfest again.