Style > Fashion

Last-Minute Halloween Costume Inspiration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you probably wait until the possible minute to plan out all your Halloween costumes. This can be especially tricky when Oct. 31 falls on a Sunday, meaning you have three to four days worth of outfits to put together. When you add the stress of exams, this can be a lot to handle.

Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered. Here are some fast and easy last-minute Halloween costumes you can wear with items you probably already have in your closet!

Princess

One of the easiest outfits you can throw on is any cute dress and a tiara. If you don’t already own one, they have cheap options at Walmart, the dollar store, and Amazon. Bonus points if you transform into a Disney princess by choosing a dress in one of their iconic colors!

Fairy

Similar to the princess, you can pair any cute and whimsical outfit with fairy wings. This can be as simple or over the top as you want, and it’s perfect for anyone who loves makeup. Pastel colors and glitter really compliment this trendy costume.

Angel and Devil

You can never go wrong with the classics! As basic as it may be, the iconic best friend angel and devil costumes are cheap and easy. Dress in all red or all white for a cute monochrome look. Ask anyone and they probably have an angel halo or devil horn headband. Or, you can find them cheap at any store with Halloween items. You can even purchase wings to go the extra mile!

Bratz

Step aside Barbie! The doll-themed costume everyone is raving over this Halloween is Bratz. This is such a cute group costume, and there are no limits to how many people can participate. It’s such a great way to show off your style by taking any personal twist on their iconic y2k fashion. All you have to do is add the Bratz logo to any clothing item. It’s that simple!

Easy A

I saw Sabrina Carpenter’s take on Olive from “Easy A” in 2017 and thought it was such a unique idea. The black corset and leather pants combination needs nothing more than a red A to complete this look. If you don’t have those in your closet, any all-black outfit will do. It’s certainly a less common choice, but that doesn’t make it any less cute.

Cupid

Valentine’s Day has come early! Cupid is such an easy costume if you own any red clothing. Add heart-themed accessories, such as a headband or sunglasses. If you have time, a toy bow and arrow is a nice touch. And of course, the look wouldn’t be complete without some bold red lipstick.

Halloween is meant to be fun! Finding the perfect costume should be the least scary part of your night. All that matters is having a great night with friends, feeling confident, and of course, taking Instagram pictures. Remember to stay safe and have fun!

Mackenzie Boyce

Manhattan '24

Mackenzie is the Senior Editor for Her Campus at Manhattan, and loves being able to read and edit the chapter’s articles before they are published. Mackenzie is a senior at Manhattan College studying childhood and special education with concentrations in English and French. She is originally from Connecticut but loves having the opportunity to live in NYC for school. Mackenzie is also a member of the sorority Sigma Delta Tau on campus. She is also part of the education honors society, Kappa Delta Pi, and French honors society, Pi Delta Phi. She is also an admissions ambassador and can be spotted around campus giving tours to incoming students. She is also currently completing her student teaching this semester in fifth and first-grade classrooms at a local Bronx elementary school. Mackenzie loves having the ability to use writing as an outlet, whether that means writing about fashion, music, pop culture, or mental health. She is so thankful to have found a home with Her Campus at Manhattan and hopes anyone reading can gain knowledge or inspiration from her work.