How To Have A Fall Photo Shoot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

It’s that time of the year guys, where beautiful colors of red, yellow, and green are going to start falling from the sky. Summer is finally over and it’s time to put away the shorts and start pulling out the sweaters. I mean who doesn’t love sweater weather anyway? I know I do. It’s all about the layers when it comes to fall, which I love because if you’re hot, you’re able to take a layer off and vice versa if you are cold! Fall is definitely one of my favorite seasons because you don’t have to be in the heat all the time, and you get to pull out your favorite fall looks (the best looks), your favorite fall drinks come back out for the season, beautiful leaf sceneries and much more. The thing I look forward to the most in the fall is having a Fall photo shoot. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m obsessed with everything that has to do with fashion. I love the art of it, and seeing how people choose different ways to express themselves. What is a better way to express yourself than having a fall photo shoot? It is such a fun experience, and you’ll be able to share your beautiful photos with your friends and family. You might be asking yourself, howdo I have a fall photo shoot? I’m going to show you steps on how to have a successful photo shoot, and who knows, you might love it enough to do it every season!

Step 1: Pick out 3 of your favorite fall outfits. I recommend wearing neutrals so you’re able to stand out more. Also, pick out the outfits you know you’ll feel comfortable and confident in. 

Step 2: This step has to be the most important step. Picking the best sceneries to take your pictures. You want to pick a scenery where you stand out, not one that is too busy and not one that is too simple. Just perfect

Step 3: Of course you need a camera to take the pictures. I would recommend a really good camera with a good flash that will be able to capture everything. If you don’t have a professional camera that is totally fine, your phone will work perfectly.

Step 4: Take as many picture as you can. You want to have a collage were you can choose from because you are obviously not going to like every photo. You don’t want to be limited. Just be confident and free and just have fun.

Step 5: If you are like me and love editing, after uploading your pictures, you should play with your photos a little bit. Add different colors (for example, making a photo black and white). It just adds a little edge to your collection of photos. You don’t have to if you like the pictures how they are, but it’s just an option.

Step 6: Post your beautiful photos on Instagram or send them to friends and family. They will love them I promise.

That’s how you have a fall photo shoot.

P.S. Just to give you ideas, this is a photo shoot that I had with my amazing friend Sam. The outfits were put together by me. She did an amazing job as you could see. Thank you so much Sammy Baby for doing this photo shoot with me, and I look forward to our future photo shoots together.

Have a Happy Fall!!

XOXO Muks