Hangover Tips for this Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Manhattan chapter.

We’re all too familiar with the nausea, the pounding headache, the not being able to get out of bed and then the opposite, running out of bed so you don’t projectile puke on your freshly washed sheets– Yeah– we’ve all been there, and we know how much hangovers suck despite how much fun drinking the night before was. Because no one should have to go easy on the weekend, below are some hangover cures to help you keep the party going.

1) Drink lots of water after going out. Although it’s hard to remember to hydrate after a lit night, alcohol dehydrates your body and can leave you feeling terrible in the morning. So, just pretend you’re chugging a Long Island iced tea, throw back that H20, and you definitely won’t feel as bad.

2) Depending on how trill last night was, sunglasses and Advil can definitely help.

3) As healthy as you try to eat during the week, nothing warrants a greasy breakfast quite like a hangover from hell. 

4) Although this has very little scientific backing, it is rumored (by me) that Jdel iced coffee has healing powers so get one ASAP.

5) I think I speak for most of our generation when I say sleep is good for the soul, so a few extra hours can definitely help nurse that hangover away.

6) Drinking more is always a good way to forget about your hangover blues, hair of the dog, right? (although the first few sips might be painful).

So the next time you drink excessively (because you will), follow these tips and dont let your headache and poor choices make you forget who you are. 

Rachel is a lover of the oxford comma, rainy days, and anything breakfast related.